Sunday 18 September 2011

Entry 02: DIY Topiary

Before I start, I just wanted to say that I know I promised to post my thrift store re-upholstery project as this post. But, I'm a perfectionist and so have decided to postpone it till I'm 100% satisfied with the end result. So until then..
Topiaries have been popping everywhere on the home decor scene and I have been on a hunt to find some... but didn't want to spend $20 for each. So, I headed to the dollar store and did the whole project for under $5 for the pair!
I started out with terracotta pots, which I painted (in lienen) and distressed previously. I then used my trusty hot-glue gun to attach the moss to the styrafoam balls (watch out, this moss gets everywhere...I was vacuuming it up for days!). I finished by trimming off all the excess moss (rounding as I went) and they were ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Gotta love proving you can make something look like $20 for a couple of bucks! Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my french chairs. Hope your upholstery project is coming along great!

    ReplyDelete